History of Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd Lutheran began as a mission start by Our Savior Lutheran, Crestview. The first service (attendance 17) - the first Lutheran service in the Fort Walton Beach area - was held on May 29, 1955 with Reverend William P. Kniffel presiding. Five months later, in October of 1955, the first Lutheran Sunday School (attendance 19) started in Fort Walton Beach.
Stained Glass Windows
The stained glass windows in our sanctuary (built in 1986) portray our Lord as the Good Shepherd. Each window has a separate theme based on scripture passages describing the love Jesus has for His sheep.
Christmas Tree Chrismons Our Christmas Trees have decorations called Chrismons (CHRIST = MONogram) that that proclaim our Lord Jesus Christ through the use of symbols. The Chrismons Tree originated at Lutheran Church of the Ascension in Danville, VA in 1957. They hold the copyright on the word "chrismons".